Saturday, May 18, 2013

Night activities

We weren't ready to go to bed and decided to see if we would find something to photograph or to do. It was planned to do some geocaching, go to a bar and continue photographing the graffiti we didn't photograph last time.

Well we did the first, found 2/3 we were looking for. After that we got hungry and only open place we could find didn't want to serve any customers. It was kinda odd, there was several people trying to get food from the drive-in and got away without service. Tried to find an open Metro-joint, which is the re-branded version of McDonald's. No luck.

Lastly, we had two choices: 24/7 Dominoes or Hagkaup. I wasn't interested of getting a pizza, so wandering around in the store for a while we settled for some fries and almost done hamburgers. Have to say that there was many compelling healthy choices for a lunch, but craved for fries.

Soft bun, cheese, bacon and sauce
5 mins fries ready to go to the oven

Some moments later because of our great chef Stnz, our late night snack was ready:
stnz's meal
My meal
It was kinda good, better maybe than most of the burger joints can offer 3am on Saturday morning.. I'm a bit bummed that we didn't go to a bar, but maybe I'll survive. Maybe I'll find my Icelandic guy next time ;).

Oh, and some random shots from this night too:
We know that stnz is into sheep, and on this trip, the guys decided I'm into cucumbers,
so I was banned to get near of this, even if it's wrapped. That bastard.
This art in our house gave me an idea to photograph some crows and make one of those myself.
Unfortunately, we haven't seen them much, only couple and those for a few seconds :(
One way gas stations - one more things which we don't have back at home

The Sun Voyager - Sólfar

While driving in the city we came across one of the sculptures I fell in love in February, but didn't have the time to photograph them. Even while we were hungry (I had only eaten some chocolate today while processing pictures) stnz was kind enough to give me time to take pics of it.  With flash the pictures weren't nice because of the light rain (you can see the drops in the pictures) but with ISO4000 I managed to get something without taking the tripod out (too hungry for that, again :D).




Ok, now it's time for me too to go to bed, so we can wake up tomorrow at some point and go and hug a lamb. Apparently it's a local event, and because stnz love sheep, we have to go there :). I hope we have time for some sightseeing (=taking pictures) in the Reykjavik city, because that is a thing I've wanted to do and it didn't happen last time. 

Damn I love this place, I would so want to move here, job hunt continues..

- Miu

No comments:

Post a Comment